Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Almost ready

Well I am almost ready for Christmas. Just have Pete's presents to go. It has been a bit hard on Bethany so far this week as I have been at the shops every morning and she is getting very bored with the whole thing. Pete went back to work on Monday so have been trying to get all the shopping done with the 3 of us and my mum and now it is just one present to go.

I am thinking about getting mum to come around either tomorrow arvo or Friday and just after Caitlyn has a feed and goes to sleep, get her to look after her and me and Bethany go somewhere just the 2 of us, like to the library, or to a park or something like that as she hasn't had a lot of 1 on 1 time with me lately. Not that I haven't tried, like on the weekend when Caitlyn was asleep we all put the tree up together and during nap times, just Bethany and I have been decorating it. We have nearly finished, but geez, a week to get the tree up is a long time. And I think the lack of me and her time is finally starting to get to her. It's just little things she has been saying and doing. I mean she loves Caitlyn with all her heart, just tonight she came over to her while I was feeding her and said "I love you Caitlyn, I'll always be here for you, I give you my heart." My mouth just dropped. I asked her where she had heard that and she said, "Nowhere, I just said it." But then earlier this afternoon when we all had to nick to the supermarket to get some bits and pieces she said "I want to stay here with daddy" and I told her we where all going and she said "I sure hope Caitlyn isn't coming". I asked her why she said that and she said she didn't know, which is what makes me think I need to be having more time with her.

I can only try.

I am feeling better within myself now, not as strung out as last week. Caitlyn seems to have settled into 3 hourly feeds but now that Pete is back at work, I am trying to do as much of the night feeds by myself as possible as he gets up at 5am every morning as it is. At the moment she is only waking twice once we go to bed so it isn't disrupting him too much and I am getting between 6-7.5 hours sleep a night, depending on her tummy. Sometimes at the 4/5am feed, she gets a bit of tummy pain which I have to help her with, and that keeps me up about 30min-1hour longer.

I still also have to post my birth story. I started it the weekend after Caitlyn was born but then went into hospital on the Tuesday and then with Christmas shopping, it seems to have got pushed to the background, so will finish it shortly.

Well, had better sign off now, she is due for a feed in 2 hours so best I head to bed and get some much needed sleep.

Tootles.

Posted by Kim :: 10:04 PM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------