Thursday, November 30, 2006

Really being tested

I tell you I am really being tested at being a parent this time around.

Not only was I having feeding problems, Sunday Caitlyn woke with conjunctivitis. Got her to the doctor on Monday, got drops for her and that finally started to clear Tuesday morning. Tuesday night, however, I was rushed to hospital with servere stomach pains and fever. Quick examination showed I had retained products from birth that had got infected. Was admited and yesterday had a D&C to clean me out and have just now been discharged from hospital.

Pete was great. He took care of both girls the whole time I was in hospital and as Caitlyn was already on formula we just continued as I didn't want any of the drugs I was on to effect her and I just didn't have the energy to sit up, let alone express any milk. So now she is no longer having breast milk.

I tell you it hasn't been the best first 2 weeks of being a new mum.

This is just going to be a quick entry for today, just to let you all know what was going on with me. Lets hope things can only get better from here. Right?!?!?!?!

Posted by Kim :: 4:58 PM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------